Chuck asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

My mom said I can get a cat and my dad said no?

He will not say yes. How do I convince him to let me get one

Favorite Answer

My dad said no too, but my mum said yes. My mums friends cat had just had kittens at the time and she took me with her and we got one. That was 10 years ago and he loves her now, even though he's a bit allergic. I would just try and convince your mum to get one anyway against his word, but if he's really strict then I'm not sure, maybe you could get something little like a rabbit, they're nice too.

Good luck

When I was little I wanted another cat and my dad said no. I remembered how much he hated dogs and asked for a dog for about a year, even though I don't exactly like dogs. By that time he was so annoyed I said " ok, let's compromise, how about a cat?" And he said yes! Try a more drastic animal for a while, then go back to wanting a cat. :)

you can't

His house, his rules, no cat. He knows you wont take care of it and the cat will destroy the house

consider a different animal