Just drove through southern states on way back north from Florida...why so many confederate flags?

I saw these dudes riding around in a pick up truck on the highway with two huge Confederate rebel flags flying high in the truck, and one of them had a shotgun. I am not sure, but its seemed like it was like a protest against Obama saying he wants to ban assault rifles and huge ammo magazines and other gun control laws.....

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As someone once said, Down with the traitors, up with the stars. Is it time for federal troops to crush the revolt?

Mine eyes have seen the glory, etc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

So? What does a confederate flag have to do with Obama? It could out of pride for regional heritage, or to show support for states rights, since that's what the Civil War was about, and the topic of state secession has been floating around quite a bit lately.

• 7 years ago

I have seen vehicles with those flags long before now some even with a gun rack in the back window.

• 7 years ago

Naw, just how they roll - no diff then the Mexs in SoCal wit their Mexican flags. Makes 'em FEEL good's all.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Today was declared as "Gun Appreciation" day to protest Obama's desire to abolish the second amendment as we and our forefathers knew it..

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Heritage not hate. Study the Civil war.

• 7 years ago

Because a lot of southerners are revolting. In all senses.

• 7 years ago

Southern States??? Have you been to Michigan recently? Or ever, actually......

Source(s): Former Michigan resident
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

it is common to see that in certain parts of the south.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's how some people try to balance their lack of teeth...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.