Should i play Mass Effect before Mass Effect 2?

I've already played mass effect 3 and liked it and several people said i should play 2 but should i play 1 first?

Update:

i know that the story continues, just is it worth playing?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

By not playing ME2, I am betting you were unable to save Ashley at the Citadel. If you had played ME2, then you would've met Thane Krios, who would be able to thwart the counselor assassination attempt, which affects Ashley's chance of suriviving, which gives you all seven crew members for most of the game.

If you play ME1 before part 2, then there will be other side missions otherwise closed to you.

I'll bet you never met Zaeed, Kasumi, Thane, and Jack when you played ME3?

• 7 years ago

yes. yes!!!

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are excellent games. Definitely play them. You won't regret it.

Play Mass Effect 1 first, then Mass Effect 2.

• 7 years ago

Yes, there is a story through out the mass effect series

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, definitely, Mass Effect is designed as a trilogy so to get the most out of the story I would recommend playing it in this order, ME1 > ME2 > ME3. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Yes, you should start at the first as every game in the series is connected- meaning continuing stories and your character will continue on the path that you set for him/her through making in-game decisions. It really helps to play the first game so you can fully understand the second and third games!

• 7 years ago

ME 1

is quite Long.

but if you want the story to continue as you finished it in ME 1 to carry on to ME 2

yes definitely play the 1st one

• 7 years ago

yes, and form gameplay, I think Mass Effect 1 looks better than Mass effect 2 (gameplay-wise)

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.