Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If I have Medicare what Prescription Drug Plan will cover the Depo Shot?

I am 27 years old and on Medicare because I have Bipolar Disorder and various other mental disorders. I've come to realize its very, very hard for me to get my insurance to cover my birth control which is the Depo Provera injection shot. It's a 90 day supply and it seems my insurance only wants to cover 30 day supplies which I don't think is even available. I have Envision RX silver and was wondering if there is a Prescription Drug Plan that would cover my 90 day shot? Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think this is a 90-day vs. 30-day issue. Have you talked to the insurance company or to Medicare or to your doctor? Is the injection done by you at home or in a clinic/outpatient setting? Some quick research says this is a Medicare Part B service, not a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan issue, so Envision Rx would have nothing to do with it. But the same quick review says whether the drug is covered at all by Medicare would depend on why you were prescribed it. Whatever the answers to these questions, Yahoo is not the place to resolve it.

Source(s): Review of Medicare and You and other Medicare.gov sources
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Part D plans are local. You have to look up on the Medicare website and find a plan in your area, then check each plan about which drugs it covers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.