Am I entitled to benefits from my father who passed away 9 years ago?

My father passed away in 2003, and he was collecting SSI and SSD i believe. And beofre he died he kept telling my mother that me and her would be set for life if anything happened. I will be turning 19 in March and I was wondering if there is any way i can get ahold of someone in regards to seeing if i am entitled to any money he may have possibly had? thanks for your help.

Favorite Answer

If he was getting SSI, he had less than $2000 in resources.

Bottom line, if there is anything to be had from your father, your mother already has it.

• George

If your father died without a Will then your mother would of inherited everything he had such as bank accounts (if he had any), house,cars,personal property ect ect. If your father had any outstanding debts when he died his Estate would of been responsible for paying those debts.

If he had life insurance then the beneficiary that he listed on the policy would recieve the money..

The person you need to ask concerning any money your father had in his Estate would be your mother....

If he was collecting SSD then you would of been entitled to collect a survivor benefit from his SS from 2003 until you turned 18 or 21 if you are a full time student..

However since you were a minor your mother would of had to apply for those benefits on your behalf and if your mother didnt apply for such benefits then you cant collect them now.

I think you are past the deadline, it's normally only during the time you're under 18 and only if he had credits earned. Its worth asking SS directly at 1-800-772-1213 - M t F 7-7

• Erika

oftentimes targets are of three varieties. This one sounds symbolic and reflective to me. have been you on the factor of your father? in case you have been then having intercourse with him, on your dream would desire to point which you long for this style of protection and closeness you had with him - somebody you are able to believe. perhaps, a husband. you would be able to already be in a relationship despite the fact that it fairly is probably not what you want. it might additionally be that somebody considerable to you reminds you of your father - that would recommend which you at the instant are not happy with that guy or woman - - too very like dad for convenience, or it might desire to point which you at the instant are not particular approximately your emotions for that guy or woman - and your dream helps you think of this via; or it might desire to point that he brings you the failings that dad did. you are able to artwork during the attainable meanings your self. Our brains %. issues up that our minds artwork via - - sound very plenty as while you're working via something right here.

If you are referring to an inheritance, your mother (as his widow) is entitled to everything when he passed away, unless he left a will specifically granting you something.