Could something bad happen if you take a sleeping pill while pregnant?

Im not sure Im pregnant cus its not even time to take a test yet, so if I am, Im just barely.. but if I were pregnant would taking a sleeping pill be an issue this early?

• Ashley
    Favorite Answer

It could be. I would wait until you know for sure. Wouldn't you rather not get sleep for a few nights, then end up having something be wrong with your baby? A lot of sleeping pills have warnings that you aren't supposed to take while pregnant. If it happens to be ambien you take, that's fine because thats safe during pregnancy and doctors prescribe it during pregnancy. But other than that I wouldn't. Even the "all natural" sleeping pills can be dangerous. I used to take melatonin. It's an all natural sleeping pill, but I found out it isn't safe during pregnancy so I stopped, even those is supposedly all natural. The fact that you asked if it was okay even though you arent even sure if you're pregnant or not yet is very good and responsible! I give you props, a lot of women just dont care. Because you're being careful I believe if you do turn out pregnant you'll be a good mom you seem to care about your potential baby. Like I said i would wait. It's better to find out you aren't and lose a few nights of sleep, instead of finding out you are and then worrying something could be wrong! Try cameomile tea, that helps you sleep and is safe during pregnancy. Good luck :)

Source(s): Currently pregnant
  • Erika

Physique tension is a most important cause for no longer being ready to go to sleep. Try this system for falling asleep. Together with your head for your pillow, relax all the muscles to your face. Feel of your jaw going entirely limp along along with your cheeks, eyes, eyebrows, brow, neck etc. You'll be surprised how much those muscle tissues had been tensed up and not cozy. Maintain doing that and earlier than you comprehend it, you might be waking up tomorrow. You'll be able to go to sleep before you comprehend it.

• Ronese

Depends on what kind i know u can take ambien

OTC is stated as pregnancy friendly.

speak with your OB.

yes you have to be perscribe to take a certain pill you just can't take any one

I would call and ask your doctor