How to connect RCA to stock radio?

For GMC Envoy 2003 stock radio.

From 2 channel amp to stereo with RCA. Do I use Line-In or Line-Out? Difference?

Anyways, I was thinking of purchasing a "Stereo Speaker Level Converter".

Should I just purchase a 2 channel version?

Than I was thinking to connect the converter and use Posi-Taps into the Rear Left / Rear Right speaker wires located behind the stereo.

I used this diagram if I'm correct or not.

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I would look into a line out converter and just get a decent one just in case you want to upgrade later. It won't hurt anything to have additional channels and it's always a good thing to have.

    This is my personal recommendation:

    However, if you're set on just two channels it isn't a problem you could get one like this:

    You're likely to run into problems with the cheap ones, such as engine noise. However, I realize a budget can be a limiting factor so something like this is a good temporary solution:

  • 8 years ago

    You have to be careful any hi low interface is not going to work in your vehicle because there is Serial data with the audio lines also all the vehicles warning play on the front speakers at full volume,

    you need a hi low interface made for that vehicle, one that comes with the GM wiring harness and remote output to turn on the amplifiers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.