16 Year Old speeding ticket in Ohio?

I was clocked doin 54 in a 25 in Fairfield, Ohio yesterday. But the officer gave me a ticket for only 49 trying to help me cut some costs because I seemed like a good. I'm a 16 year old and 9 month guy, but I have only had my license for 4 months. Because I haven't had it for 6 months, does this mean that I will definitely have my license suspended? If so, will it be taken for 6 months, a year, or possibly only till I turn 17? Also, what will work the best in the courtroom? : Just looking good and not saying anything? Or try to argue the fact that I simply never drove on this road and thought it was a 40 mph zone? Or, tell the judge that I was just not focusing as much as I should have been, and I understand I was completely in the wrong?

Favorite Answer

According to the Ohio BMV website conviction of certain traffic violations before you are eighteen can result in loss of license for six months.

I'm guessing that a speeding ticket like yours would qualify.

Arguing that you never drove on that road before (and were not familiar with) is probably a bad plan ... speeding on an unfamiliar road might be seen as careless driving. Likewise admitting to not focusing on your driving might also lead to problems ... it sounds too much like "Hey! I was driving a couple of tons of metal down the road. Nothing I needed to take great care in doing" Sounding too cavalier about driving could lead to the judge making sure you understand just how important it is to focus on driving.

Plead guilty and consider it a lesson learned.

• schick

you at the instant are not likely waiting to force yet. with any luck, they are going to droop your license for awhile and deliver you to aggressive utilising type. Your insurance (or your mothers and fathers') expenditures are going to flow up after adjudication. It would not look reliable.

Yeah it might be correct

So what did the judge say?