Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

Shy around girls. Help????

Ok I am a 20 year old shy guy who gets extremely shy/nervous around girls. I am very attractive and people including girls have told me so. Every time when I try to talk to girls I get so shy that I end up saying nothing. I also have a problem looking at girls I tend to look at them when they are not looking and when they catch me I turn 10 shades of red and look at the ground. Girls always laugh at me when I do this. Every time when I try to compliment a girl I blush and feel like a dork too. One time I was at the mall by myself and I sat down at the food court for a little bit and this group of extremely attractive girls sat at the next table over and all started giving me flirty looks and I was so shy that all I could do was look the other way, but eventually gave them a shy smile and they were like aww how cute. They made me feel stupid. I just hate being so shy around girls especially cute/pretty ones. Thanks to my shyness I have never had a girlfriend or a first kiss and I'm still a virgin. Please help

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You sound like this one guy in my class!! He is suuuper shy like you described but he's extremely cute and all the girls think that, but he's so shy he just doesn't talk. I am a shy girl myself, but I can hold a conversation myself. I personally loooove shy guys like you, I think it's so cute :) you have no idea how many girls appreciate you because most guys are players and just jerks. Take it as a compliment when girls do stuff like that to you and be positive. It will help with your confidence problem. They make fun of you and laugh because its just so adorable, trust me! Just remember one day a nice girl who appreciates your personality will appraoch you for being yourself. Just the way you are. Never think of it as a bad thing. I hope this helped (:

• Login to reply the answers
  • Robyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My husband is a very reserved/quiet type of person. What broke the ice with us is that I, well, obviously noticed he was on the shy side in a way. Let me clarify that, he is very confident in himself, but is quiet. I think if you tell whomever you wish to speak with something like, "some words do not come out of my mouth easily even though they are so strong inside, so I want you to know that when I say I care for you, I truly do." I think that you will find the rest of the conversation to come more freely. Also, try to remember that others are often thinking about their own appearance and verbiage too. Sometimes, a shy person can come off as being aloof and not shy. There is a big difference. You will be just fine.

• 7 years ago

Ok, well I'm a girl. First off that's very cute and sweet. But now let's get to the meat. You need to practice. This sounds stupid but you'll be much more confident around girls. Use a sister/mom/friend(boy or girl)/roommate. Practice simple things such as compliments or basic flirting. Second become confident with yourself. You said others have called you attractive, but do you feel attractive? There's a difference, a big one! Then when you feel confident with yourself and with what you're gonna say when approached by a pretty girl, just go out with friends. Don't approach the first time out. When they come to talk to you have you're friends back you up if you get to nervous. This will be really hard to do at first but the harder you try the better results you will have. Also if you have social networking try talking with girls there. You can also give video chat a shot because then you're looking at there face ( and possibly their bod :)) this will get you used to girls without physical contact. Again the first few time go with friends to back you up. Girls love basic compliments such as" Nice eyes, you're really pretty, love that outfit on you, do you work out, you look really good today. This will send you in the right direction. If you start blushing don't give up. Girls understand believe it or not, we get really scared around an attractive guys (such as yourself) too. Goodluck and if you need anymore help, you now what to do!!!!!! (P.S. with that message you just talked to lots of attractive girls!! :))

Source(s): Imma Girl
  • Jessie
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

your 20 right? if you are at that age, you have to start overcoming your fears and obstacles. I know shyness is hard since I'm shy also I know how that feels like, but try to slowly open yourself up to others. What i'm doing is going to clubs(not partying ones, the other kind of clubs) where we do group activities and get to know other people, and thats how i'm opening up. You can also ask your friends to take you out more, tell them your situation and as a friend they should help you overcome it. you can start becoming friends with girls through your friends, or just make friends withgirls you aren't attracted to, and from there work your way up. I'm still shy but I've gotten better than usual lately doing these stuff. Also be confident, realize that how you present yourself to people is how they see it. Like you may be shy, but don't make it obvious to others that your shy. Hope this helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I had the same problem and solved it partially with going out with other male friends or a group of people. Thankfully - or not, we have egos to protect so gaining motivation from friends will boost it. Not only that but you can show off (the good way) to your friends. Like BAM...I just straight up walked up to her and started chatting. What you got on me? My girlfriend just up and chatted with me one day because I was so shy and quiet in college.

Go to meetup.com and join groups. They even have groups for us shy guys. Once you turn 21 and get some drinks in you (if you are okay with alcohol) you'll have the confidence you never had before. Trust me I know.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • 7 years ago

Here is my advise. Try to go out with a group of guy friends, it's much easier to check on girls that way.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Treat girls with respect, be kind, complement them, Love her, show you her, buy her gifts, be funny with her, jokes and stuff like that if she is that sort of girl who likes funny men but don't force yourself to change for that one girl, plenty of fish in the sea, the girl should deffo like you for who you are now:)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

40000 Cured Social Anxiety - http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?gQVk

• 7 years ago

your first issue: never say "i am very attractive".

• 7 years ago

You have to overcome your fears,.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.