France Road Trip OR Amalfi Coast Road Trip?

My boyfriend and I are trying to decide on a holiday for end of September/beginning of October. We want a fun road trip type holiday where we can travel around independently, but would also like it to be quite romantic. We've whittled down options and possibilities and we're now torn between a road trip... show more My boyfriend and I are trying to decide on a holiday for end of September/beginning of October. We want a fun road trip type holiday where we can travel around independently, but would also like it to be quite romantic. We've whittled down options and possibilities and we're now torn between a road trip around France and an Amalfi Coast road trip:
France - fly into Nice, hire a car and travel around the Cote D'Azur, Provence and Montpellier for a week to 10 days (camping/staying in chalets at camp sites) before driving (via Millau and Lyon) to Paris where we'd spend a few days and get the Eurostar back to London.
Amalfi Coast - fly into Naples, hire a car, see Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii, Sorrento, a couple of days in Capri, around the Amalfi Coast then up to Rome for a few days before flying home.

We've costed them both out and are coming up with about the same overall costs for each (I thought it'd be an easy decision and one would be more expensive than the other)... Turns out we're just completely undecided even after ranking them on the basis of weather, scenery, food, history etc! So: we're looking for opinions! If anyone has been to either or both and can offer any insight as to which would be the better two week holiday please post info below!!

Thanks in advance!

Samantha and Matt
1 answer 1