all beings are teachers in Buddhism can mara be a teacher without knowing. he tells us what not to do right?
is mara a teacher a master in the art of Buddhism because he tells us,show us the negative path and we know the right path.
mara is hard to translate but lets call him satan of the mind and spirit and actuality.
what I mean is we see the wrong in mara and we change our path in so mara teaches
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Yes, Mara is a teacher if we have mindfulness. Besides being the master of illusion who attempted to prevent the Buddha from attaining enlightenment at Bodhgaya, Mara has a number of psychological aspects.
There are four maras (Skt. catvāri māra) in the Mahayana, which are the four types of obstructive forces or 'demons' which create obstacles to practitioners on the spiritual path. It is important to understand that they have no inherent existence and are only dependent upon ones mind.
1. the mara of the aggregates (Skt. skhandamāra), which symbolises our clinging to forms, perceptions, and mental states as ‘real’;
2. the mara of the destructive emotions (Skt. kleśamāra), which symbolises our addiction to habitual patterns of negative emotion;
3. the mara of the Lord of Death (Skt. mṛtyumāra), which symbolises both death itself, which cuts short our precious human birth, and also our fear of change, impermanence, and death; and
4. the mara of the sons of the gods (Skt. devaputramāra), which symbolises our craving for pleasure, convenience, and ‘peace’.
The root of all demons is the mara of the aggregates, which is basically clinging to a self.
- Anonymous8 years ago
- Scottish BuddhaLv 68 years ago
No. Buddhism isn't about negative paths etc, it is about ending the cycle of suffering etc to put it very simply.
- ?Lv 44 years ago
VIPASSANA MEDITATION IS maximum needed ingredient ______________________________________... The Theravada college lines its descent from the unique sangha, or monastic community, that first accompanied the Buddha. Its canon of scripture includes the Tipitaka (3 Baskets), the 1st super compendium of Buddhist writings, composed in the Pali language. Theravada has a tendency in direction of doctrinal conservatism, exemplified in a careful interpretation of its canon. because of this, this is been given the pejorative call Hinayana (Sanskrit for "Lesser motor vehicle") through its competitors, who call their own custom Mahayana ("extra desirable motor vehicle"). The objective of the Theravadin, or devotee of Theravada, is to alter into an arhat, a sage who has executed nirvana (enlightenment) and isn't any longer reborn. Mahayana traditionally prefers the discern of the bodhisattva - who, out of compassion, helps others in direction of salvation - to the arhat, who's in touch specially together with his very own salvation. the form of U Silananda hall is in progression. The hall is committed to our loved mentor Sayadaw U Silananda who spent extra desirable than a 0.33 of his life for the propagation of sasana in many countries. it is going to accommodate and supply guard to the attendees of various religious gala's held at Dhammananda Vihara Monastery. Your donation, small or super, is welcomed for this undertaking to succeed.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
When the mind is open, even a stone is guru.