Is NBC a valid resource for political information in college?

My teacher won't let me cite from anything NBC related, I personally can't stand Republicans and I'm the oldest guy in the class.

Favorite Answer

You should use books, articles and pieces from news magazines that can be proofed. the reason is a valid resource can prove who the information came from or where it was gathered from. He/she just wants objective collaboration, work at it.

• Andrew

Yes you can, so long as you mistrust it like any other outlet. Er... better mistrust your tutor too. It's always good practice. Just get in the habit of mistrusting everything you are told about politics, by anybody. You won't go far wrong.

@ slew... so watch the BBC. Nobody owns them (not even the British government though a lot of US folk get that wrong) and you can get it in the States. Naturally they have their own opinions, but at least they are THEIR opinions not some major corporation's.

The rich buys the media to control out thoughts. Look what Viacom did with Cnet. GE uses NBC as it's mouth piece, and yes, they still own half of it.

The media is never really a valid resource for political info.

Like rape and religion, politics is about control. Anyone wishing to control another is a psychopath. Trust no one, especially your teacher.

• It is, but you will have to follow the guidelines of the course and instructor. That's just the way it is in any class.