Why are certain people blatantly being oppressed by the government (read details)?

I'm an anarchist. I will state that immediately, and I have no qualms about it at all. If you have any questions about how anarchy could work, there are tons of reference materials out there. Go research. Anyway, I recently came across this YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_AM2iT5yg

Youtube thumbnail

I'm very concerned about this. Why are we, the people, allowing the government to oppress ANYONE? This is America, not Nazi Germany, for God's sake. The reader of these details and many others may not agree with anarchists; that is understandable, but what I'm concerned about is the oppression of opinion. Are we not a haven of free thought? Are we not a country that is supposed to accept ALL ideologies, regardless of whether or not we disagree with them? That's why we have ways to debate one another. That's why we HAVE A CONGRESS.

I'm becoming more and more concerned for the future of this country. No, people, Obama is NOT the only president guilty of letting this type of behavior slide. This has happened before, and I think it's going to get worse unless we do something. I'm supporting the Occupy Movement; it wants to curb the corruption of government. I agree with that sentiment; the situation has gotten out of control in this country, especially since the mid-20th century.

World Wide, of course you stopped reading there. God forbid you listen to someone's opinion even though it is different. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Alex, thanks, but I'd really like to hear some people's concern over why our government is suppressing people's opinion. This is NOT what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they created this country.

Favorite Answer

In most cases, misplaced patriotism gives rise to support for a police state. As long as it's "the enemy" being beaten by the cops or arrested, people don't worry.

The best place to see Anarchy in action is Somalia.

• Dil

"I'm an anarchist."

Stopped reading there.