Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 7 years ago

"Sony Entertainment Network is currenty undergoing maintenance"?

i tried to log in on psn and it said "Sony entertainment network is currently undergoing maintenance" i was talking to my friends on skype and they can log in fine. i did an update but i still couldnt log in. what should i do?

Update:

its gone past 8pm and i still cant sign in. what is going on? did it get hacked again?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Planned Maintenance

We will be performing maintenance on Sony Entertainment Network from 17/01/2013 (16:00 GMT) to 18/01/2013 (04:00 GMT).

During this time you will not be able to access any of our services including Music Unlimited, Video Unlimited, Sony Entertainment Network Store and PlayStation®Network.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sony Team

• me too, i try to log in and kept say Sony entertainment network is currently undergoing maintenance. i tried to restart and reset connection but still same result. I was like huh.. it is really annoying me so much..

I FOUND IT HERE. i just went to SONY SITE and read here Planned Maintenance

As part of our continuing efforts to improve our products and services, our servers will be undergoing updates and maintenance this Thursday, January 17th, from approximately 8:00am to 8:00pm (Pacific Time).

Services will be unavailable during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Regards

Sony Team

• 7 years ago

PSN Maintenace 1/17/2013

In order to continue to deliver you the best online games experience, we will be performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Store on Thursday, January 17th. This maintenance will start at approximately 8:00 am PDT (9:00am MDT / 10:00am CDT /11:00am EDT) and end around 8:00pm PDT (9:00pm MDT / 10:00pm CDT / 11:00pm EDT).During this maintenance period, you may receive a message that states “PlayStation Network is undergoing maintenance” when attempting to access the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Home. As long as you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since October 11th), you WILL be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period. So if you haven’t signed in to PSN in the last few days, we suggest you do so before the maintenance period begins Thursday morning.We will update you with any changes that may occur in regards to this scheduled maintenance. If you would like to receive a notice when PSN is fully restored, be sure to follow the official PlayStation Twitter accountand our support Twitter account, @AskPlayStation.

Source(s): Playstation.com
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sometime If Psn Is Busy You Get That Message , It`s Just Because Of The Store Being Updated & Alll The Big Games Currently Being Downloaded .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It's ok everyone, I just found out on Sony's website that their will be a delay to go online till 8:00 pm tonight pacific time, January 17

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Try contacting sony entertainment network online or join der blog or something. Maybe then u will know the prob.

Btw thats y i dnt buy ps and play games on computers. :P

• 7 years ago

That is going to take a few hours and will be back soon I contacted sony network

• 7 years ago

Check PSN's blog for information on when they think this latest unannounced service interruption will be over.

Or...just wait a few hours. More than likely it'll be back up by then.

• 7 years ago

It still doesn't let you log in so how can you play online and I've logged in everyday for the last week

• 7 years ago

Java is on the Sony PS3.And if you google it,you'll find out that Java has been hacked.That is probably why we can't get online. :/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.