What age would you say "The Middle Age" crisis starts (mentally) for men and women too ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No such thing as Middle Age Crisis. There is something referred to as Midlife Crisis. It effects each person differently and some not at all. It is really just a transition period. Studies have shown that some people start as early as 37, but it is generally more like 50.

• Power
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There is no age for a person to have a crisis. When my son died I was 41 & that was a period of crisis for me. We don't even know what middle age is cause we say it's 50 but that would mean we live to be 100. Most of what people believe comes from advertisers rather than from them looking within for answers.

• 7 years ago

I think a lot of people live live safely rather than risk hurt or losing. They are the people that at some point become dissatisfied and start looking around saying "What if." If you live your life fully and are satisfied with who you have become and what you have done, you don't have so many regrets. I loved the movie Titantic....er the last one. That was the plot for the entire movie with the ship sinking as a setting for the choices she made in life. She knew she didn't want to settle for money and position but wanted the right to live fully which she chose. It's an important thing to think about that many people don't even consider.

• 7 years ago

I've "never" thought there was a middle age crisis "mentally" ever. It's only been physically.

There is something called dementia that could be caused from medications, from mixing medications, from being over medicated, or from dna but dementia could be at any age and for either sex.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think the "middle age crisis" is a myth. Mental crisis can occur at any age.

• Dede H
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

About 40 to 45, this is when the children start moving out of the house or at least have their own entertainment. Often parents start looking elsewhere for entertainment because they are bored with what is happening at home. As a reminder, if you want to keep your marriage together then this is the time to start focusing your time and attention on your spouse.

• 3 years ago

It fairly relies upon on the age and upbringing of the guy. many stuff make contributions to someone's psychological adulthood. i for my section think of that ladies individuals are much less mentally solid then men because of the fact of hormonal motives. additionally, women individuals tend to be greater emotional and make judgements based on those thoughts particularly then data or logic. for this reason in Islam a woman's be conscious (approximately issues which take place) isn't as equivalent as a mans.

• 7 years ago

For me, "Middle Age" crisis began when I realized that I had to make decisions for and assist in the planning for my Parents. It was the hardest series of decisions and boundary crossings that I had encountered.

• 7 years ago

Men, it can begin as early as 38 or as late as maybe never.

Women, often when the chicks have fledged, most of us do not usually have a crisis experience, we just keep on truckin'.

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The only crisis I recall in my life was employment and finding the next job - didn't have time to worry about much else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.