Can I still get into med school?

I am currently a freshman as a finance major but I think I want to go to medical school and become a doctor. However I don't want to switch my major to biology or any sciences I like finance and all the business courses. I know I have to take the pre reqs for medical school, but I talked to an advisor at my school and she told me to talk all the pre reqs for non science major. Like for example this semester I am taking chemistry for non science majors. Will that course count as a medical school pre req? Also trying to get into medical school through this non traditional path do I actually have a chance to get in? If anyone has done this or has gone to medical school your advice is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

If you don't like biology or all of the sciences, then why do you want to go to Medical school and purely study that.

If you are passionate for biology and chemistry then you would be passionate in medical school.

Consider a change of thought.

Since you major in finance, it looks like you are interested in money in general. If you become a doctor thinking that will help you with your finance business then you are going to be very miserable. And you will not do well in medical school. And in the future the salary of doctors will decrease dramatically (maybe cut in half).

Don't waste your time if you are looking for money. Medical schools are going to be very weary as to why you didn't major in a science. Medicine is PLAIN SCIENCE>

You can take chem and bio for non science majors, but once you get to the harder classes they wont offer this anymore. And the upper level classes are HARD, and without the science major background you'll probably not do well. Science classes arent easy, and although they're rewarding, you pay a price.