Self studying for the AP world history?

I'm a junior and I want to take the AP world history exam. The problem is, I'm taking history this year but its not AP ( not sure why its no longer AP) so I have to study for it alone. But, I'm not sure on how to do that. Most of the people in forums say that they all studied from Baron's review book so does that mean not studying from the actual textbook ( I got this world civilization book thats orange with figures). So, whats the best way to study for the exam? Should I study from the textbook or the Baron's alone. I really want to get a 5 :D.

Sorry if theres any bad english ( not my first language)

Favorite Answer

Is the textbook Stearns? If so, ewww. Haha, that textbook is very detailed and gives a lot of information that you do not really need. I would suggest using the review book. In fact, buy a few on them (Cracking the AP World History Exam, 5 Steps to a 5: AP World History, Kaplan's AP World history) and basically highlight the hell out of them. Take all the practice exams and write the essays out in full. Go online and look for essays that were given full credit and read them. Study them. Copy their technique. The essays are the hardest part. Also, on collegeboard.com they have ALL the past AP World history exams. Do them. AP tests often reuse old questions.