TOOTAl2 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

How will people in new york get 7 round ammo clips for guns made for 10 bullets?

Will they have to get rid of those guns?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The guns will work-you just have to have a "magazine"--it's NOT a "clip"--quit watching the idiots on TV who don't have a CLUE about guns-except that THEY don't LIKE them! Interesting fact--There are very few handguns that USE a 7 round mag--a single-stack .45 ACP 1911 comes to mind, or something small like a .25 or .32 semi-auto "pocket" gun... Somebody will start making them, I HOPE--otherwise, those people in New York are FELONS for USING the mags that came with their guns! There is NO "grandfather clause"--meaning those 10 round mags you could have (that's all NY allowed before their NEW law) are now ILLEGAL to OWN! Nice...

• 7 years ago

Ridiculous. Democrats say no one needs a gun that can shoot more than ten bullets.

If you we're the victim of a home invasion by three armed men do you think ten rounds would be enough?

Can you hit three moving targets with ten rounds when they are shooting at you?

Do you think that one hit will stop a criminal?

A ten round restriction will reduce your ability to defend yourself.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Retrofitting to accommodate 7 bullets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I wonder if what happens to all those other magazines in private hands and on store inventories. Well I bet they all just go right in the trash because by golly its the law!

Remember, nobody loves you like your government loves you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

NYers are not going to take this lying down... protests are taking place this weekend...I guess King Cuomo plans on running for president or has some other aspirations cause it won't be another term...

• 7 years ago

from what i understood you just have have more than 7 loaded into the magazine.

or maybe like canada, they will peg hi cap mags.

• James
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It is actually not that hard to build a plug for a clip and insert it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.