Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the laws for sex in Pennsylvania?

I'm 13 almost 14 and my guy friend is 16. is it illegal for us to have sex?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • KevinM
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's the law in Pennsylvania:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_No...

The "Age of consent" (when it's legal to have sex) is 16, but there's a 4-year "close in age" exception to the statutory rape laws. There's also a corruption of minors law that might apply to you - that one's a little grey.

I encourage you to wait until you're 16 (the age of consent above). It's powerful stuff, sex - and takes a lot of maturity to handle it well. Good luck!

John: She's THIRTEEN years old! How well did you know how to look up laws and precedent when you were 13???

• Todd
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, it's not illegal, but your guy friend would be a complete idiot to engage in that activity with you for reasons I can't even count, one of which is the fact you could simply say you didn't really consent and thereby ruin the rest of his life. Also, in the future while maintaining that relationship, he could be charged with corruption of minors _even_if_ you both don't think you are doing anything wrong. There's also a marriage clause, but I would hope you are too young to be thinking about that.

• 4 years ago

dating and intercourse are on thoroughly diverse ranges whilst it includes consent rules. on the 2nd, it is illegitimate so which you would be having intercourse because of the fact the age of consent is eighteen. even in spite of the undeniable fact that, you won't be able to be charged with something (if one in all you or your mom and father desperate to press quotes) on the grounds which you're the two minors. even in spite of the undeniable fact that, whilst he turns 18, it will be Statutory Rape, and he could be charged and put in penitentiary, seeing as he would be "of age" and you will nevertheless be a minor.

• John H
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Google is your friend.

Try it sometime.

Google "age of consent"

Why do people keep asking this same type of question when the answer is out there?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.