Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentInternational Organizations · 8 years ago

What is Chile's position on human rights (United Nations)?

I have to write a position paper for a conference where I am in the Human Rights Council soon. If you could link any documents of your info, that would be amazing.

• Tom
    Favorite Answer

When it comes to human rights, Chile is pretty good. They sometimes don't fully respect the rights of all their citizens, but overall they are pretty good. I'm including some sources with more detailed information. As with any democratic country, Chile's position is that human rights are good and that they strive to uphold them for all citizens. As I said, generally (but with exception), Chile has a decent track record in recognizing human rights and protecting them. As with many Latin American countries, there are restrictions on free speech and press, but looking over the past few decades, Chile has made many positive steps towards more protections for human rights.