I see a business opportunity. Where can I get knowledge about opening and running a machine shop?

Hello, I have a friend who is a cnc machinist and his father who is a machinist as well. They both work at a machine shop where both are the most valuable machine shop employees due to the knowledge. They want out and want to start up a company but they have no knowledge in business. Thats where i come in, I have a... show more Hello, I have a friend who is a cnc machinist and his father who is a machinist as well. They both work at a machine shop where both are the most valuable machine shop employees due to the knowledge. They want out and want to start up a company but they have no knowledge in business. Thats where i come in, I have a degree in business finance and supply chain management. I want to talk to them and partner up with them. BUT i have no idea about the business side of a machine shop.

So can anyone please point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it. any thing will help, whether its on potential customers, marketing, machines, ANYTHING.

THANK YOU!
1 answer 1