Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 7 years ago

What animals can live in a 15 gallon tank?

Hi I have a 15 gallon 24x12x12 tank with a lid I was wondering what non aquatic pets can live in there? I'm experienced with reptiles as I have a 10 year old carpet python 3 bearded dragons a long necked turtle and a blue tongue but those are too big for the tank and I don't want a lizard or snake or turtle... I live in Australia so I don't have these PAC man frogs, leopard geckos, anoles and what not... If you suggest a frog also say what type please thanks guys.... Ohh and also no newts or salamanders are available...

• Ysbeth
    Favorite Answer

A few African Dwarf Frogs can live happily in a 15 gallon. Just make sure that you get the African Dwarf Frogs and not the African Clawed Frogs. AFDs top out at about 1.5 inches. ACFs get much, much larger and eat fish.

Mice! They are Miniature rats! I have a 20 gallon for my two rats and I know I should go up a size, which I will soon. But mice are SO tiny you could probably have 10 and it would be awesome to watch them play and hide in their little igloo house. Don't forget to put the spinning wheel so they get exercise. Mice are not expensive and easy to take care of. Good Luck!

Source(s): Lover of rodents

Madagascar hissing cockroaches. They are docile and cute. Get two males. Because they can breed prolifically, and I learned the hard way that females can store sperm from previous matings and can give birth at random times. Males have two large hornlike projections on their shells, where they are small in females. I'm not sure where you can buy them, but the old wisdom is that the internet has everything.

I would personally love to have a turtle but I already have too many fish. So even though you said no to the turtle. Anyway, if you live in Australia don't you see enough wildlife by like, looking out the window

• ghil

um..... geckos are super! and probably oh properly all the animals i will think of of you reported no to all of them maximum each and every reptile eats residing issues so i can not help you in this one sorry

a cat......