How to burn a dvd with mp4 movie including subtitle which can be played at home dvd player?

I want to burn a dvd with a mp4 movie including its subtitle which can be playable at home dvd player...most importantly without any video quality loss,with subtitle and less weight so that i can burn as many movies as i can in a DVD5 or DVD9...How do i do it?....i need the best answer since i was trying to burn... show more I want to burn a dvd with a mp4 movie including its subtitle which can be playable at home dvd player...most importantly without any video quality loss,with subtitle and less weight so that i can burn as many movies as i can in a DVD5 or DVD9...How do i do it?....i need the best answer since i was trying to burn those movies in a dvd 9.But unfortunately,i don't know what's the reason i succesfully burnt it but its not playing in my home dvd player...Do i still need to keep the mp4 format of the movie or do i have to convert it to any other format so that the weight can be less....??