Can my friend blame all her flaws on ADD?

She was diagnosed with ADD years ago, and she used to be away from school several days each week, which we accepted. She gets tired more easily and often has no energy, which again is something she and we have accepted as part of the ADD. I don't know exactly what that diagnosis entails, she has quite... show more She was diagnosed with ADD years ago, and she used to be away from school several days each week, which we accepted. She gets tired more easily and often has no energy, which again is something she and we have accepted as part of the ADD.
I don't know exactly what that diagnosis entails, she has quite unwilling to explain it to me as well, but I can't understand that ADD in some way is "responsible for" all her personality traits, and "therefore she cannot change".

She gives up on anything, fixing relationships, homework, you name it. She always gives in when she parttakes in discussions, and her friends always have to side with and defend her even if they don't agree themselves. She is, according to herself, not to blame in any situation in which she has been criticizewd. Lately, her sister has been shutting her out, claiming that she always gets her way, she always gets everything she points at. No matter what she demands, it is handed to her. She does not see any truth to this, though I do. Does the ADD make her blind to her own flaws?

Also, how can I deal with this? My friends and I really struggle to understand, and get through to her.