If WWIII started during in the next 5 years, what do you think would happen?

I say Israel bombs an Iranian nuclear site. Iran retaliates, moves to invade. Passes through Iraq, kills some American "support" troops. USA gets involved, then the USA finds out that Russia is secretly supplying Iranians with weapons. Declares war on Russia. Russia pre-emptively strikes the EU (which has... show more I say Israel bombs an Iranian nuclear site. Iran retaliates, moves to invade. Passes through Iraq, kills some American "support" troops. USA gets involved, then the USA finds out that Russia is secretly supplying Iranians with weapons. Declares war on Russia. Russia pre-emptively strikes the EU (which has now become one super country). The Northern African countries join the sides of the Islamists. So now we have Israel, USA, EU. With Iran moving towards Israel. Russia moving towards the EU, and North Africa attacking across the Mediterranean. South Africa allies with the "Coalition for Freedom," i.e. the USA. But finds itself bogged down with civil wars in Central Africa. Next Pakistan sees an opportunity to reclaim parts of India they join the Iranians, and launch an attack on India. India join the Coalition for Freedom, against the "United People's of the World."

The Japanese have naturally allied with the USA, and so have the South Koreans. They collectively take the whole Korean peninsula. Thailand and the Australians have also joined the Coalition for Freedom, but they soon find themselves on the defensive against Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Chinese see a threat from the North (Russians) and from the Korean peninsula. They launch an attack on the Russians, Koreans, and Japanese, yet none of the respective allies of either those three join against the Chinese.

South America stays out of the whole thing, and becomes a booming industrial zone, financing and selling arms to both sides. The war ends in a stalemate, with most countries devastated, except for New America (the combination of all countries in South America) which has now become the leader of the First World. New America's main issue is illegal immigration by the lazy Old Americans. (USA).
20 answers 20