what are 3 interesting facts about the galeras volcano in colombia?

I need it for a science project

• Favorite Answer

You can probably pull out 3 facts from this passage:

Galeras is one of Colombia's most active volcanoes. In an eruption in 1993, it killed a group of scientists and tourists who had been inside its crater when it erupted.

Background:

Galeras is one of Colombia's most frequently active volcanoes. The dominantly andesitic volcano has been active for more than 1 million years, and two major caldera collapse eruptions took place during the past 100,000 years. Several collapse events have produced debris avalanches that swept to the west and left a large horseshoe-shaped caldera inside which the modern cone has been constructed.

Major explosive eruptions in the past thousands of years have produced widespread tephra deposits and pyroclastic flows that swept all but the southern flanks. A central cone slightly lower than the caldera rim has been the site of numerous small-to-moderate historical eruptions since the time of the Spanish conquistadors.

• sixta

Galeras Volcano

1) I'm SF and Center(even tho I'm only 5'5, 40-50 inch vertical jump coz of volleyball) 2) I can dunk(on the 5yr old height, I'm so amazing!) lol jk, I can dunk tho 3) I usually get up to 10 technicals a season =D 4) I get barely get fouled out( but get fouled alot) 5) I met the Tarheels before.. Ed Davis, Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Danny Green, Wayne Ellington, and everyone else! More than 5... 6) I met Roy Williams when I went to the Carolina Basketball Museum 7) I've played basketball since I was able to walk( no not 3yrs old! lol) 8)When I'm not playing basketball, I play volleyball. 9)1/2 the year I spend playing basketball and the other 1/2 I spend playing volleyball. Except for when its training( which is like 1 month). 10) I went to Australia, Canada, Poland, Russia,and Germany for volleyball&basketball tournaments( I had a volleyball AND basketball tournament in each place.) 11) I used to be super-obsessed with JJ Redick when he played for Duke, even tho I've been a Tarheel fan since I was born( It runs through the family, lol) 12) I'm still obsessed with JJ Redick to this day 13) I went to Prague and England for basketball camps 14) I've been a Celtics fan since I was 5.( I didnt start watching NBA basketball until I was 5.) 15)My role models r: Rajon Rondo&Candace Parker.(too much to explain why) I'm guessing thats enough?? lol I can keep going if u want me to! =]