Transportation between Poprad-Tatry Rail Station and Pohorela, Slovakia?

I am trying to get from the U.S. to Pohorela, Slovakia alone with a small child. I have never traveled the route before. Probably, I will fly into either Vienna, Krakow, or Budapest, but I am looking for the easiest train transportation....it seems like it's from Vienna-Bratislava and Bratislava-Poprad Tatry. However, what is the best way from Poprad-Tatry rail station to Pohorela? Can I arrange a taxi in advance? I DON"T speak Slovakian...only German.

Favorite Answer

Hello, it doesn't seem very easy for me.

By train you can reach Brezno from Bratislava Hlavna and on by a local train to Pohorelá. Or if you decide to go Poprad-Tatry train station, then you have bus connection to Pohorelá.

Be careful, it's quite much snow currently in Central Europe. (even in Vienna) I personally would choose to rent a car with GPS in Vienna, Bratislava or Budapest. However the road conditions can be harsh in the mountains. There is a mountain between Poprad and Pohorelá.

So to summarize it probably the best way to reach Pohorelá by public transport is to catch a bus from Bratislava to Brezno (via Banská Bystrica) and then on to Pohorelá. (Maybe there is a direct bus to Brezno or even to Pohorelá if you are lucky.)

Be also careful with the Vienna-Bratislava train, as it brings you to Bratislava-Petrzalka, which is on the south part of the city and you need to use other buses to get to the central bus or train station.

Have good trip.

Source(s): http://online.slovaklines.sk/home.aspx?l=en (buses, it takes 4 hours from Bratislava to Brezno)

Vienna is a town with a high standard of living, a characteristic that's extremely appreciated by the numerous guests who arrived at the Austrian capital and you also could be one of them at the very least for some times, find out how with hotelbye . A few of the places must-see from Vienna are: the St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Chapels of St. Eligius, St Tirna, and St. Catherine and South Tower or Schönbrunn Palace. Schönbrunn Palace is just a place worth visiting not only for its superb architecture, but in addition for its lovely park-like setting. That Baroque palace includes a lot more than 1,441 areas and apartments, including those when used by Empress Maria Theresa. Schönbrunn Park and Gardens is just a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Budapest is usually defined because the "Little Paris of Middle Europe" and if you intend to see that city you will need to take a look with hotelbye . Budapest is popular not merely for the monuments highlighting a unique 1,000-year-old tradition, but also for the relics of others who resolved here. Stays from both Roman occupation and much later ruled by the Turks can still be seen in the city. Budapest has two sides, Buda and Pest, extending along the banks of the Danube, and they're addressing two various characters of the city. Suburban Buda and their old castle district present medieval streets and properties, museums, caves and Roman ruins. The powerful Pest area offers the largest parliament creating in Europe, riverside promenades, flea areas, bookstores, old-fashioned shops and café houses.

Transport schedule search engine for Slovakia:

http://cp.atlas.sk/vlakbus/spojenie/

(You can switch to English or German in the lower right corner.)