Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Matthew 17:5. Why didn't the god come down and say "Hey look it's me!"?

.

According to Matthew 17:5 the god came down in a bright cloud and called Jesus his son. "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased!"

But since Jesus had claimed to actually be the god, how did he explain to John, Peter, and James why it was that the god had called him his son rather than calling him himself?

Perhaps if the god had pointed at Jesus and said "Hey look it's me, and I'm pleased with myself!" that would have been more in agreement with what Jesus was claiming? Replies from religion scholars and others appreciated.

.

• Terry
    Favorite Answer

Dear friend,

The reason why people say Jesus is God is because they have adopted a pagan teaching that dates back to Babylon and Egypt. So here are a few thing to consider:

Jesus in Praying to HIS FATHER said: "This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ. John 17: 3. So listen to what the son says when he calls his father THE ONLY TRUE GOD!

Here are a few more things to think about, , "

The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." (John 13:16) Jesus said on numerous occasions that, "the Father… hath sent me." (John 5:37,6:37)

Jesus prays to God. (John 17:1-3)

Jesus has faith in God. (Hebrews 2:17,18, Hebrews 3:2)

Jesus is a servant of God. (Acts 3:13)

Jesus does not know things God knows. (Mark 13:32, Revelation 1:1)

Jesus worships God. (John 4:22)

Jesus has one who is God to him. (Revelation 3:12)

Jesus is in subjection to God. (1 Corinthians 15:28)

Jesus' head is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Jesus has reverent submission, fear, of God. (Hebrews 5:7)

Jesus is given lordship by God. (Acts 2:36)

Jesus is exalted by God.(Acts 5:31)

Jesus is made high priest by God. (Hebrews 5:10)

Jesus is given authority by God. (Philippians 2:9)

Jesus is given kingship by God. (Luke 1:32,33)

Jesus is given judgment by God. (Acts 10:42)

"God raised [Jesus] from the dead". (Acts 2:24, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 15:15)

Jesus is at the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Acts 2:33, Romans 8:34)

Jesus is the one human mediator between the one God and man. (1 Timothy 2:5)

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. (1 John 4:12)

God put everything, except Himself, under Jesus. (1 Corinthians 15:24-28)

Jesus did not think being "equal with God" was graspable. (Philippians 2:6)

"Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"" (Matthew 27:46)

And the final nail in the Trinity coffin: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," Eph 1:3, well there you have it, Jesus has a "God and father" himself, so cannot be God. Case closed!

See "Trinity"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989276?q=tr...

People can't handle God's presence . They have to obey all of Jesus' teachings so they can get ready . But , He definitely is coming soon . To Is. 18's land shadowing with wings ( the Americas ) in the mid-west , where He shall dwell and take His rest before Jesus can come with his Paradise over the Mt of Olives in the mid-east ( Mat. 22:41-46 ) .

Jesus NEVER claimed he was god - he always said he was God's son.

God cannot be seen of people - we cannot look upon God and live - all the time in the Bible God appears through clouds, pillers of fire, etc, no one has ever looked at him directly.

• MOMMAH
    Source(s): Acts 10:39-43 New King James Version (NKJV) 39 And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they[a] killed by hanging on a tree. 40 Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses chosen before by God, even to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. 43 To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”