Matthew 17:5. Why didn't the god come down and say "Hey look it's me!"?

. According to Matthew 17:5 the god came down in a bright cloud and called Jesus his son. "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased!" But since Jesus had claimed to actually be the god, how did he explain to John, Peter, and James why it was that the god had called him his son rather than... show more .
According to Matthew 17:5 the god came down in a bright cloud and called Jesus his son. "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased!"

But since Jesus had claimed to actually be the god, how did he explain to John, Peter, and James why it was that the god had called him his son rather than calling him himself?

Perhaps if the god had pointed at Jesus and said "Hey look it's me, and I'm pleased with myself!" that would have been more in agreement with what Jesus was claiming? Replies from religion scholars and others appreciated.
.