What is maximum current(in amperes) that is survivable to the human body?

I am familiar with the lethal current range of 0.1 to 0.2 amps which causes fibrillation of the heart resulting in death. And that above 0.2 amps the heart clamps down; protecting it from heart damage, but surely there has to be a maximum number of amps above which will be lethal. What I wonder is that at... show more I am familiar with the lethal current range of 0.1 to 0.2 amps which causes fibrillation of the heart resulting in death. And that above 0.2 amps the heart clamps down; protecting it from heart damage, but surely there has to be a maximum number of amps above which will be lethal. What I wonder is that at sufficiently high currents the heart clamps down so hard that the resting potential cannot be restored and the result is a kind of Rigor Mortis of the heart, resulting in death of course. There is also the issue of blood vessels rupturing as a result of gas bubbles produced from electrolysis of blood water.
Update: Ray;mond, if 1000 amps of current came into contact with the hand it would most likely force its way through the entire body causing it to exploding. Killing the unfortunate soul at once.I know that when sufficiently high current flows through the body it tends to flow through the nerves and blood stream as blood... show more Ray;mond, if 1000 amps of current came into contact with the hand it would most likely force its way through the entire body causing it to exploding. Killing the unfortunate soul at once.I know that when sufficiently high current flows through the body it tends to flow through the nerves and blood stream as blood has the lowest resistance of any tissue. With enough power(watts), this will trigger electrolysis of water causing blood vessels to rupture.
1 answer 1