What do you think of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard?

The founder of $cientology is surrounded by criticism. What do you think of him based on what you have read, watched or heard? I am of course especially interested in the comments from $cientologists......

Theta Works - No trolling here, I am asking a simple question. But a fair enough point, so I won't use it in my questions again. I just used the dollar sign because I believe its all about the money. I am asking what peoples thoughts are on this man. Just so you know a troll is someone who annoys for fun and kicks, you use the word a lot so you should know its proper meaning. I am very much genuinely interested in the story of scientology. In response to a previous comment you made about me, I can tell you now that I am not simply an antagonist poster, nor a paid shill (do such people even exist? another of your favourite accusations against people who criticise scientology). I read a lot of bad things about scientology which, after my own research i think are true. As a critic of the motives and agendas of some religions in general I speak out. I try to encourage people to look for themselves just as much as I say my piece in the case of scientology. There is nothing more sinister

Amarillo - Thanks for your answer. Watch this official documentary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZwzcSXfETY

Youtube thumbnail

Regarding prices in scientology, it's all expensive for what it is - even independant scientology is expensive from what i have read. This may vary I guess amongst scientologists. Why is hubbard a genius? I don't think he is from hearing him speak. Yes of course no man is perfect and we have all made mistakes - i don't expect hubbard to be perfect. But scientology makes him out to be greater than he was. Look at his military record. He suffered from duodenal ulcer and conjunctivitus, short sightedness. Yet he claims combat wounds - lameness and blindness. These were NOT listed on his OFFICIAL MILITARY RECORDS!!!! He lied to you guys about his war wounds.

Favorite Answer

L. Ron Hubbard was a charlatan & Scientology is a scam.

This was a Science Fiction story hiding behind a religion.

The religion scam is a way to dodge taxes & other laws.

Im indipendent Scientologist, so im out of problems of $.

Really it seem you ask about criticism using criticism ($).

Ron Hubbard written how much would be the prices of courses in Scientology (HCO PL 23 set. 1964).

In the indipendent field this price often are more lesser.

In the church of Scientology this prices are about 10 times higher.

About bad things you read about Scientology, why you dont read also the lot of good things that people improve himself? But i think better you try in person... you have the possibility to read a book and to try to use it? So you can experience by person.

If you want to know more im to your disposition.

And for me Ron Hubbard was a genius (I dont look maybe some of wrong he did, any peple can be criticised in some in the life, but I look the global of rightness of his philosophy).

• ehorn

L. Ron Hubbard grew to become into attracted to magic till now he created Scientology and Dianetics. He grew to become right into a pal of Jack Parson's who grew to become into on the time the top of the yank financial ruin of the OTO, Ordo Templi Orientis. It grew to become into easily occultism yet i don't call it black magic. A real account of Mr Hubbard's involvement with the OTO could be cutting-edge in J Gordon Melton's Thelemic Magic in u.s. - the Emergence of an option faith.

I don't remember him being that good of a writer, but I'll admit it's been a long time since I've read his fiction. Maybe I should give it a re-read.

.

Did he really say something to the effect that "if you want to make a million bucks, invent a religion"? Probably. I have to admit that he was pretty much a genius to pull it off.

.

(I agree with your implication that Scientology is purely money driven, but if you are looking for answers from believers, you might want to consider not spelling it with the leading '$'.)

You're trolling , based on your use of $. The only criticism is coming from a few critics and paid shills. I don't know of any $cientologists, only Scientologists and you can find all you need to know about L Ron Hubbard here

http://www.lronhubbard.org

He was open and honest about wanting to create a religion to get rich, and even with THAT -- some insane people (such as Tom Cruise) STILL maintain this is a true religion.

Oh, and their drug rehab facilities are actually dangerous -- people have died from not being allowed to take their medications for high blood pressure and diabetes, etc., and Narconon has been banned in several countries.

• ldp

I am not a $cientologist but I feel it was the realization of a dream that does not make it the truth; some people will always disagree with others and if what he offers is worthwhile it will endure even this

• Buster

He wrote great science fiction including Scientology.

3rd rate science fiction author with a penchant for scam.

Hence creating that garbage scientology.

He was a third-rate sci-fi hack who invented a great way to fleece rich idiots.