Who is Wendy Jo in Footloose?

I was just cast as Wendy Jo in the musical Footloose. I know she is a featured role and she is Ariel's friend and has little solos here and there but I don't know anything about her. Is see a funny character? Is she snooty, corky, dumb, smart etc.? Some one told me she is just like Jan in Grease. Is this true? Is it about the same size role as Urleen? Any character description would help. Thank you. :)

Favorite Answer

Wendy Jo is a comedic role. She is about the same size role as Urleen. My friend was Wendy Jo and Footloose, and if she didnt own the role and make it her own, there is no difference between Urleen and Wendy Jo. However, Wendy Jo is a great role. It isnt as big as Rusty. She is a comedic role and obviously must be a great singer. She, Rusty, and Urleen pop up around the show and they appear in a lot of scenes with Ariel and Rusty.

• peelle

Wendy Jo Footloose

who