Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Did anyone else hear about the conservative group that is building a "fortress"?

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/p...

"A group of like-minded patriots, bound together by pride in American exceptionalism, plan on building an armed community to protect their liberty.

The group, named Citadel, intends to purchase 2,000 to 3,000 acres for the project in western Idaho. The community will comprise of 3,500 to 7,000 families of patriotic Americans who "voluntarily choose to live together in accordance with Thomas Jefferson's ideal of Rightful Liberty.""

Update:

?

Update 2:

No problem at all. It just seemed like an interesting development, so I wanted to see if anyone else on here had heard about it

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

And the problem is?

• 8 years ago

As long as the individual still has all the freedoms they were born with. If people within this community take power then problems will start.

There MUST be property rights within this community or this will fail. It can't be all for one and one for all. Because you will always have slackers.

Community property never works well. People care more about whats theirs than whats someone else's.

• 8 years ago

No but I am not surprised. There are a LOT of very frightened people in the world some of whom have persecution and doomsday fantasies.

• 8 years ago

Wow, a group of people want to live a lawful and orderly life in line with the Constitution and the framers of the country, how terrible can they be?????

Many people suspect the economy of the US is going to collapse in the near future and put the country into kayos and are preparing for it, unlike you apparently, I'd rather be prepared and NOT have to use those preparations than not be prepared and need them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nick
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It appears that they like liberty and freedom that much, they wish to build a big wall around it to protect it against freedom and liberty of thought.....Strange people.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Read nut jobs instead of patriots- enough said.

• 8 years ago

This will end badly...

You can't just opt out of the social contract.

• 8 years ago

no, but i have mixed feelings about that, a lot of potential for good things and bad

• No, not until I read it here. The fruits of modern conservatism....further dividing and dissolving our nation.

• 8 years ago

The south shall rise again!

• 8 years ago

Its a strong indication that the government is getting way too big and people are getting very uncomfortable about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.