Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會及文化語言 · 7 years ago

十萬火急!英文作文!今晚10點前~贈20點!唔該幫幫手!

今晚10點前,please help!

Write about 350 words on the following topic:

=============================================================

Tuesday, 12th December, 201( )

Hong Kong Young Post: Advice Column

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Annie,

This is the first time I've asked for advice. My father is a good man,

hardworking and honest, but he smokes a lot every day. He really wants to quit

because he knows that smoking can kill, but he just can't do it. He's tried to quit

smoking many time but every time he feels stressed out, he smokes again. I'm

afraid I'll lose him one day.

Worried,

Julie

=============================================================

You are Annie. Write a reply to be put in the advice column telling Julie what she

should do to help her father quite smoking.

*Write about 350 words

*Use more good vocabulary & good sentence structure

*State out the points clearly, a topic sentence at the beginning of a paragraph

*There should be THREE points in the passage (one point<->one paragraph)

*Total there should be FIVE paragraph (1st para<~opening paragraph,

2nd+3rd+4th para<~one point in each paragraph, 5th para<~conclusion)

Update:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

1 Answer

Rating
  • YIP
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My Dear Julie

I feel rather concerned regarding what happened to your father. If I were you and would do something to help him out of that smoking. There are three main points to deal with as follows:

Firstly. Try to educate him as much as possible. It is necessary for him to attend the meetings or activities that are specially arranged for quitting smoking. In order to do so, you must keep an eye on him and let him know the exact time and place where that is going to be held.

Secondly. Try to buy or borrow printed articles or newsletters. In order to educate him with more detailed information about quitting smoking, it is necessary to provide him with adequate knowledge so as to relieve him of smoking habit.

Thirdly. Try to persuade him as much as possible. It is very important to make him belief that the consequence of smoking especially one being addicted to; in order to do that you'll need somebody who had been quitting from smoking and to persuade him so as to have a more better response.

Finally, it is not easy to persuade your father to get rid of or quit smoking and to help him to overcome that there are three suggestions for you to accomplish; and I do wish you could carry that out with all your might. Hoping you every success in that task. I remain

Yours Sincerely,

Annie

Source(s): Partly according to ”The Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English with Chinese Translation” by Hongkong Oxford University Press1975
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.