Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 8 years ago

when you are taking the driving test can you make a right turn automatically at a red stol light?

Im taking My drivings test Monday And i was wondering if i can make a right turn on a red light if it does not say no right turn on red light ?

And any pointer tips please let me know anything that would help I am Nervous(;

• Favorite Answer

Yes you can. A few Tips:

-Come to a complete stop before your proceed to turn.

-Do not block (stop on top of) the pedestrian crossing during the turn. (During your initial stop, or inching forward to see if the road is clear).

• Peter

You can most certainly make a right turn on a red light as long as there is no signs that say otherwise.

Source(s): Been driving for many years.

If (1) you are in the U.S., and (2) you are not in New York City, and (3) you stop first, and (4) there are no other vehicles coming or pedestrians in the way, then yes.

If either (a) you are in Canada, (b) you are in New York City, (c) you do not stop first, or (d) there is another vehicles coming or pedestrians in the way, then no.