Did you know that cars that run on batteries make sense until you scale it up?

In the past it made sense to dump in the rivers since that is where most microbes that can break down the garbage live. The only problem with that is that once it was scaled up all kinds of problems started showing up on rivers and other waterways. The problem was so bad that even one of the rivers caught on fire lol.

Even gasoline cars were considered clean energy when they first came out. They sure as hell were cleaner and far more humane than using animals for transportation. Animals take a crap on the streets and don't forget that they also die. So the whole street stinks and the methane gas from all that manure and dead animals carcasses sure as hell was not nice to the environment. Don't forget the flies and other insects that inhabit those kinds of areas.

So yea cars that run on batteries make sense now but what happens when all cars have to run on batteries. You wind up with sulfuric acid all over the landfills. The price of lithium goes up exponentially. Batteries aren't even reliable since no one really knows when they will break down. Then there is the fact that we will have to burn more coal to produce electricity so that our cars can run on it.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think Lincoln was a Conservative has summed it up. Even placed a bow and ribbon on. KUDOS!

Let alone what will happen when (not IF) the electric utilities get destroyed by storms? A gasoline car is entirely independent of government regulated utilities. Imagine Hurricane Sandy after effects with electric service vehicles as the only emergency vehicles? Or, Katrina? Let alone the decrease in range and power in freezing weather. Or, flooded roads.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Purely electric cars have no real future unless either the range * drastically * improves or they develop a way to quickly switch out a depleted set of batteries with one that is charged.

Either Pop Sci or another magazine did an article on just such a "battery changing station". The problem, of course, is that no two electric vehicles share battery layouts.

Nothing beats the internal combustion engine for range and nothing beats it for distribution of fuel.

We're also still living in the honeymoon phase with hybrids/electrics in that I don't believe they've hit the shops in great numbers to have the battery packs replaced.

And, unless the electricity comes from unicorn farts or bird-safe wind farms, I fail to see how electric cars are "clean". The exhaust that comes out of the back of most cars contributes a fraction of the pollution they did only 20 years ago.

• 7 years ago

Batteries that run on cars are charged by electricity from power plants, the majority of which use fossil fuels.

Batteries are not "clean energy"...the disposal is a big problem as well because they are hazardous.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I am convinced that liberals really don't care about the environment.

Examples:

1. Wind farms kill many birds and cause headaches for those near them.

2. New light bulbs are a bio hazard and tests show they leak dangerous gases

3. Al Gore made MILLIONS from "green" stuff, yet HE does not practice what he preaches. HE drives many SUVS.

4. Liberals had paper bags at supermarkets outlawed in favor of plastic...which doesn't decompose so they fill up landfills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • There's a reason why the internal combustion engine has been so popular for such a long time.

Liberals think they can reinvent the wheel.

Instead, we will suffer disastrous consequences.

BTW, many modern electronic devices cannot be made in the USA because the process to manufacture them is so toxic and environmentally unfriendly there is no way to make them under EPA rules. By going to more and more exotic technology that legally cannot be produced in the USA, we are driving more and more jobs out of the country.

I think this is part of their motivation, in their quest to destroy the Great Satan of U.S. free enterprise.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

In a physical sense, electric cars are more practical and efficient. Gasoline engines are horribly inefficient (a small amount of the chemical potential energy is even used to move the car). Electric motors are almost 100% efficient. I don't need to argue about it, because the transition is inevitable.

Source(s): You all are apparently living in the past. "Fast car chargers" have already been developed.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

How dare you take the long view of the simpleminded solution!

• Bob W
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Don't confuse me with the facts!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.