would you help me on my complaint letter and fix any of my mistakes thanks?

Jay Nixon, Governor

Missouri Department of Social Services

Greene county FSD

101 Park Central SQ

Springfield MO 65806 – 1313

Dear Jay Nixon,

On November 14, 2012 I applied to food stamps and now it’s January 2013 and I still don’t have food stamps. I told you I lost my job and I don’t have money for food, and you are saying that I have a job and you’re not giving me food stamps. I proved that I lost my job and now I only have unemployment money and that is only one hundred fifty dollars a week and that’s not enough for me.

To resolve this problem, I would appreciate if you could look into my record and review my case again. You will see I am right and give me food stamps right away.

I look forward to your reply and a solution to my problem, and please inform me when you've looked in to my case and set a date to meet and arrange my food stamps.

Kind regards,

Leana Dyomin

and plus this isn't a real letter its for my school

Best Answer

Jay Nixon, Governor

Missouri Department of Social Services

Greene county FSD

101 Park Central SQ

Springfield MO 65806 – 1313

Dear Jay Nixon,

On November 14, 2012 I applied to food stamps and now it’s two months later and I haven't received food stamps. An error in the system shows I have a job.

Once this error is corrected, I believe I will be fully qualified to receive food stamps.

I would appreciate if you could look into my case again.

Thank you in advance for sorting out this issue.

Kind regards,

Leana Dyomin

Blah blah blah. Ok, now for constructive criticism. Your writing but not saying much. When you right a letter you need to be specific. Detail the events, provide all pertinent documentation, and provide any relevant proof.

First, if you applied for food stamps - attach your application. Second, if they are suppose to respond within a given period of time, list that period and cite to it. Third, you probably didn't talk to the governor - so list who you actually spoke to. Fourth, if they said you have a job, attach a copy of the letter or again say who said that. Fifth, attach whatever proof you have that you don't have a job. Six, why do I care whether $150 is enough for you - what's the law re: foodstamps - income qualifications, requirements etc, and explain how you met them.

Bottom line, you just whine but don't provide pertinent info. It's a horrible letter. You need to start over. If you expect someone to do work for you, you must first do work yourself!