Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 7 years ago

can i install windows 7 on my computer?

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, v.2096 (build 2600)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

Installed: 1/11/2013 4:13:35 PM Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

16 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

64-bit ready

Not hyper-threaded Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7131 REV:1.0

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 02/08/2006

Drives Memory Modules c,d

160.04 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

157.50 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10A [Optical drive]

3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

ST3160215AS [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 6RA5Z85A, rev 4.AAA, SMART Status: Healthy 1016 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB

Slot 'A1' is Empty

Slot 'A2' has 512 MB

Slot 'A3' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 52.44 GB 50.03 GB free

d: (NTFS on drive 0) 52.44 GB 52.37 GB free

e: (NTFS on drive 0) 55.17 GB 55.10 GB free

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

thumps up O_0

you can only if you r not looking for performance.....apart from performance will 100 % work

regards

• Jess
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Yes you can, install should take a very long time, and on initial boot, your PC will be tested for performance, a bunch of features will be deactivated automatically. From the info you posted you should still have a sluggish performance tho. The main factor that you didn't mention is if you are using an integrated graphics card or some AGP card ??, this would make a major difference on what performance to expect. Nevertheless, it will install and run for sure.

Source(s): exp. running it on even older/crappier machines ?
  • 7 years ago

Friend I also have Intel Pentium 4 D915GLVG & the processor (2.66ghz) but I have modified my computer system as previous year I have bought AOC LED Monitor,A new frontech "GREAT" Cabinet with smps,4gb hynic ram,1tb western digital hard disk drive (sata),Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate & this year in January I have purchased Microsoft Windows 8 & pervious I have a 80gb samsung hard disk drive,You may think why I am telling you this because before modifying my computer system I have installed Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits architecture & it was running on 512+256mb ram & it was installed on 80gb samsung hard disk drive 2 partition containing space was 32gb (before modifying my computer system),so according to my suggestions you delete (format) Microsoft Windows XP and than install Microsoft Windows 7,It should work because I myself tested in my computer system.

• 7 years ago

I also tried installing win 7 on my comp which was just like yrs ; but many errors came due to low graphics .. So be content with x-p or install some tranformation package !!

Source(s): Itz from my experience dude !!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Ya sure.

But Aero will not run if you dont have 128 MB graphics card or a graphics card which does not have WWDM support.

• 7 years ago

Your computer is quite capable of running Windows 7.

It will perform better if you increase the RAM to 2GB and you need to check for the availability of Windows 7 drivers for the system. If not then Vista drivers will normally be OK.

• 7 years ago

yes you can but if you want the genuine program that follows a simple payment of around £50 depending on what package you want :)

• I think you can't because need to have at least 1GB RAM for windows7

• 7 years ago

No, unfortunately you are limited to XP due to the size of your HDD. Your CPU is also out of date. I would recommend buying an NVIDIA CPU from your local best buy.

Source(s): Builds computers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

yes

• 7 years ago

use upgrade advise manager it will be useful more than anyone here also anyway you need to upgrade the ram

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.