Jesus stresses in Rev. 3:12 that he has a God over him. If he's the supreme God, how can this be?

Revelation 3:12

''He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it

anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new

Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.''

The supreme God by definition cant have a God. A creature can have a God, but the ultimate creator cant have a God. I have no problem considering Jesus a God but clearly his language shows that he has a supreme being over him. He's not the ULTIMATE supreme being or God.

@John, your answer is excellent. But if you bother reading the next verse the father says, 'Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.'

This proves that even though a God, Jesus is not the ULTIMATE God. He has a God over him.

Best Answer

There is only ONE supreme God...Almighty God Jehovah.

Who has ALWAYS EXISTED

Jesus has not.

Proverbs 8; ,22-31 Jesus was the very first creation of Jehovah....before anything ,else, before even the universe...

So Jesus is NOT Almighty God.

He IS the son...

Even the demons knew this, and said so.

(Luke 8:28) At the sight of Jesus he cried aloud and fell down before him, and with a loud voice he said: “What have I to do with you, Jesus Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.”

Jesus Son of the Most High God...a very clear identification...

Source(s): NWT

I believe Revelation was original written in Greek. Theos is the word used for "My God" and refers to God the Father and not Jesus. Remember that Jesus is God the Son, 2nd person of the Trinity.

Jesus is the Son Of God.

Jesus is the Word spoken of in the Bible. However the three Persons determine precedence, it is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinct and in eternal union.

Then why does God refer to Jesus as "O' GOD"?

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. - Hebrews 1:8.

The Trinity is at the heart of God’s self-revelation.

You Jehovah Witnesses make Jesus out to be a false god— no better than Baal or Satan.

• J H

Why are going into a directiion that you dont know anything about.

What is your goal? Are you interested or are you seeking for

attention? The bible explains the whole plan of Salvation but

only to the humble in mind.

Jesus has always known he had a God. ( John 20:17)

Thing is people don't seem to want to agree with Jesus, its sad- really.

Your proofs are way off the mark. God is a triune deity: Father, son and Holy Spirit - three in one and one in three, It may help you understand if you consider one simple fact: God is God. We are not.

• Sol

One piece of information is truth, the other is a lie. Which do you prefer?

he is exodia.