Jesus stresses in Rev. 3:12 that he has a God over him. If he's the supreme God, how can this be?

Revelation 3:12 ''He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.'' The... show more Revelation 3:12

''He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it
anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new
Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.''

The supreme God by definition cant have a God. A creature can have a God, but the ultimate creator cant have a God. I have no problem considering Jesus a God but clearly his language shows that he has a supreme being over him. He's not the ULTIMATE supreme being or God.
Update: @John, your answer is excellent. But if you bother reading the next verse the father says, 'Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.'

This proves that even though a God, Jesus is not the ULTIMATE God. He has a God over him.