Did Meredith on The Office really shave her head or is it a cap?

Favorite Answer

Jeremy is lying....or his blah blah blah's nephew is wrong. Kate Flannery's, the sctress who plays Meredith on The Office,Twitter post:

Kate Flannery ‏@KateFlannery

Bald cap took 3 & 1/2 hours to get into it. I have new found respect for the actors in Planet of the Apes! #ILookLikeSigourneyWeaverInAliens

and

Ed French is the artist who built the bald cap. He also did the last Star Treck movie. #GreatestBaldCapArtistEver #LooksSoReal

so......

Source(s): Kate Flannery's Twitter

1

Source(s): Hairloss Solutions http://sparkindl.info/HowToStopHairLoss

I thought it was real at first too. Really amazing job.

If you pause the show when they are in the conference room discussing the need for mayonnaise, they do a good close-up of Meredith. There are a few signs that her bald head is fake:

1) There is some unusual wrinkling where the top of her ear meets her head. I suspect it's from a good amount of paste and makeup trying to conceal the cap on a tricky part of her head that flexes from muscle movements.

2) At that same part of her ear, her scalp is slightly bulging out due to the cap and hidden hair. A portion of her ear that would normally be free-standing and unconnected looks connected and somewhat recessed.

3) If you look above her ear on her head, you can notice a lumpy line running up her scalp.

4) The back of her head is excessively oblong from the hair hidden beneath the cap.

5) The smoothness of her facial skin becomes discolored and irregular about 3/4" above her eyebrows. This, I think, is the real magic of this makeup job. They blended the makeup so far down her head in order to conceal the transition and to avoid putting the transition at the point we would expect to find it.

I also think the gray coloring they did to simulate shaven hair also makes this makeup job super convincing.

I can't believe I spent this much time thinking about it.

Kate Flannery's twitter page (who plays Meredith) says that she did NOT shave her head. Claims it was the best bald cap in the biz.

We all lose some hair strands each day. So, it’s normal to see some hair coming off your scalp when you brush your hair daily. Normally we lose about 80-100 strands daily due to the end of life cycle of a hair strand. If that’s the matter, you don’t have to worry a lot. Just continue to have a stress-less healthy lifestyle including balanced diet. It’s when you see an abnormal loss of hair that you should start taking measures to stop this. There are many causes of hair loss.

Whatever the causes, you should try to eliminate them first and then resort to these home remedies for hair loss. Read here https://tr.im/StopHairLossNaturally

You may lose hair due to some hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food devoid of nutritional value, stress, some medication, vitamins deficiency, thyroid problems, menopause etc.

No, it is a cap. It was designed by Ed French, who also did the bald caps for the recent Star Trek movies. It took 3 and a half hours for her to get into it prior to shooting.

Kate Flannery (Meredith) said on twitter it was a cap.

Had to be real. No way to get those even shave lines with a cap.

It looks so real!!!! But I think it's a cap...later when she is putting mayo on, you can tell it looks fake :)

It looked too real to be a cap!