really good CHRISTIAN romance novels?

Ok im 13. I really like reading, especially romance. But i only like to read CLEAN CHRISTIAN romances. I really dont want any sex, cursing, and alcohol in my books. I can read about 5 300 to 400 page novels in a week if i have time. I really just dont want to read anything shorter than maybe 370 pages. I was really interested in Erynn Mangum, but i have read most of her books, and they were really short. I kind of like karen kingsbury, but her books depress me. Not because i dont like tear-jerkers, but her books always end in death. One last thing, i really like historical books, but i also like modern ones alot too. So any suggestions that would meet up to my reading expectations??

14 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Karen Kingsbury is an excellent one & most of hers don't end in death. Beverly Lewis writes mainly about the Amish. If you also like suspense, there's Irene Hannon. Brock & Bodie Thoene have written many series, some historical.

I found another list that others have compiled on GoodReads.com. I haven't read many of these, so I can't speak to the quality.

1. Denise Hunter Contemporary

2. Mary Connealy Western

3. M.L. Tyndall Historical(High Seas)

4. Marta Perry Amish Fiction, Contemporary, Historical

5. Kelly Long Amish Fiction

6.Jillian Hart contemporary and histroical

7.Janet Tronstad Contemporary and Historical

8.Carla Capshaw historical

9.Kaye Dacus Contemporary

10.Julie Lessman Historical

11. Cheryl WyattContemporary (military)

12.Gilbert MorrisHistorical

13.Kelly Eileen HakeWestern/Prairie

14.Siri Mitchell Historical

15. Tracie Peterson Historical(Alaska)

16. Lena Nelson DooleyHistorical,Contemporary

17 Bonnie Blythe

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Christian Romance Novels

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Christian Romance Books

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

really good CHRISTIAN romance novels?

Ok im 13. I really like reading, especially romance. But i only like to read CLEAN CHRISTIAN romances. I really dont want any sex, cursing, and alcohol in my books. I can read about 5 300 to 400 page novels in a week if i have time. I really just dont want to read anything shorter than maybe 370...

Source(s): good christian romance novels: https://tinyurl.im/QGI5u
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Redeeming Love - Rivers

Love Comes Softly - Oke

Anne of Green Gables - Montgomery

If you like fantasy too Chronicles of Narnia by Lewis and Treasures of Darkness Treasures of Light by Allen are really good and have some adventure/symbolism/ romance - these books may not be specifically Christian but are clean and in the page range

• 8 years ago

Anything published by Bethany House Publishing or Abingdon Press is generally a safe bet

The Strieker Saga by Robin Hardy is good, it's an older series, but I loved it

Lori Wick is one of my favorite authors, I love her books

The Princess

Sofie's Choice

White Chocolate Moments

I also loved Deeanne Gist

Courting Trouble (learned some lessons from this one...)

Deep in the Heart of Trouble

Beverly Lewis is good too, my sister really likes her books

Janette Oke is a great writer too, lots ot romance, but not totally sappy

Just one warning, as a single 23 year old woman to a 13 year old girl just starting out. Be careful the picture you build in your mind from the romance books. Clean as they are, they are still romances. Don't create such a beautiful picture of a "perfect, romantic" man in your mind that no man can possibly measure up. I love reading romances, but sometimes, I've found that they start leading me into a state of discontent. God may not be calling to you get married right after college, he may not even be calling you to have a boyfriend in high school. Can you read these books and still be content with that? It's not easy, and sometimes romance books make it worse.

Along with these romances, I also have to recommend Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot.

• 8 years ago

Never Been Kissed by Melody Carlson

First Date by Krista McGee

My Boyfriends' Dogs - Dandi Dailey Mackall

A Love for Eternity by Janice K. Braswell

You can try the christianbook.com website to check out the authors Mary mentioned and others.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Karen Kingsbury's books are amazing. Definitely read Even Now and Ever After by her.They are some of the best books ever written. Robin Jones Gunn is also good

• 4 years ago

While you read a publication you start to see the story how you want to imagine it not what sort of director wants anyone to see it

• Walter
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

reading is way better the book continues u thinking and you get more detail in what people are thinking and you also get more imagination

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.