which one of these majors would be best to become an air force pilot?

I want to know which one of these majors would be best and easier to study if i get an afrotc scholarship. Im not that great in math but my grades are decent, im great with computers, computer repairs and software, i get best grade in english, social studies and science, if i have to i will work my best on math.

Aeronautical Engineering

Aerospace Engineering

Architectural Engineering

Architecture

Astronautical Engineering

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Computer Engineering

Computer Science

Electrical Engineering

Environmental Engineering

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences

Nuclear Engineering

Nuclear Physics

Operations Research

Physics

Accounting

Administration

Communications, Mass

Criminal Justice

Criminology

Cyberspace Security

Economics

Finance

Information Assurance

Information Security

Information Systems

Management

Nursing

Political Science

Psychology

Public Relations

Sociology

Space Ops

Statistics

Telecommunications

Favorite Answer

I know a highly successful Career Marine Aviator. An aviator (as opposed to a pilot) is someone who has/and is able to land an aircraft on a ship as well as on land; he flew F-14's and FA-18C's, in action. His college major (ROTC) was Aeronautical Engineering. That way once he's done with the military he won't have to be what he calls a "bus driver" meaning an airline pilot, and can go straight to work making the BIG bucks for ...anyone he wants to. His job possibilities are endless and varied. No matter what happens in his military career, he's set once he gets out. I'd say that's worth suffering through the math.

This is honestly a question you should be directing at someone actively involved with administering or recruiting for the AFROTC program. If you've still a few years to complete high school I've also included a link to the AFJROTC program. There's a wealth of information for any prospective military recruit or officer candidate and I hope the links below are useful to you. I would recommend that you get as much information as you can while you're able. A warning, though Military.com has some helpful information to offer, from my perspective it's selective and limited. Go to the websites with information of interest and then sort out what you want to do next. Best of luck to you.

Ok, you have to understand something. The military often cares little about your civilian skills because we re-train you to our standards. I came into the military as a fully certified diver. You think that military dive school cared? Nope. They treated everybody as if they knew nothing. To them I was a diving idiot. Try to act smarter than the instructors and you get beat. It's not about arrogance, they just know their job better than you do under the given conditions: war.

The Air Force is geared towards aviation yes. Is everybody in the AF a pilot? Nope. Maybe 10% tops are pilots and that's a liberal number. They pick and chose based on many factors, not just your degree. Having a science, engineering, or aerospace related degree helps, but it isn't a sure fit. Ultimately, it's decided upon several factors and the needs of the Air Force.

Aerospace engineering would be the best. It will be a lot of math, so you will need to be dedicated to the huge volume of word problems using calculus. I am a math major, and I actually sucked at math when I got to college--there is hope for anyone!

I am also applying for military aviation--fixed wing jets. I am already a licensed pilot and know military pilots who have advised me to be comfortable with engineering calculations.

Whichever one you can graduate with. The Air Force doesn't care what your college diploma says, only that you have one. My stepdad flew B-1's, and he majored in Communications - just about the most useless major imaginable - while taking ROTC. It's all about whether you have the skills and aptitude necessary to be a pilot - and the four-year degree necessary to become an office, of course.

Source(s): U.S. Army Airborne - Combat Infantry - Follow Me!!

Administration