Do liberals think we should ban alcohol because of all the alcohol related crimes?

car accidents kill way more than guns

health problems

beatings

rapes

murders

bad decisions

teen pregnancy

unwanted pregnancy

breaking legs, arms, other accidents

head injuries

lifelong injuries

coma

I mean we could list off hundreds of things that alcohol affects.

So, since people are not responsible for their own actions, should we ban alcohol, too? No more wine tastings, no more beer summits, no more Mad Dog 20/20, no more hooch... What do you say liberals?

While we are at it, we might as well ban knives, slingshots, arrows... hell, lets just ban wood, rocks and minerals and eliminate that problem!

Take it a step farther and we should ban the earth. I mean how many people have been killed by earthquakes, tsunami's, landslides?

Favorite Answer

Your line of reasoning is faulty at best. Is alcohol a societal problem? Of course. But USED IN MODERATION it is not harmful to the person using it or to others. A gun is made specifically for the purpose of injuring or killing someone. There is on comparison.

As far as arrows, slingshots, etc. I have not read anywhere about mass killings using those - or anything other than guns.

Put on your thinking cap and try again.

How about we just put some realistic regulations on it and mitigate the damage? Like, say, no drinking and driving, and raise the drinking age to 21.

Oh wait, we did. And we cut vehicular deaths in half. Crazy!

• N

I'll agree to the ban if you can show me 1 case where someone killed 20 other people with a single bottle.

Source(s): good luck.
  • Steve

Seems we tried that a few years back -- didn't work either

We tried that once, didn't work.