First time home buyer loan (wny) what can I do to get approved?

I will be graduating in may from college (Nursing) with approx 35,000 debt(gov loans not private). I have a job lined up (50,000 gross/year) for when I graduate. I would like to buy a house within the year (2 family income property houses are cheap in my area and rent is quite high, live in one rent out the other)... show more I will be graduating in may from college (Nursing) with approx 35,000 debt(gov loans not private). I have a job lined up (50,000 gross/year) for when I graduate. I would like to buy a house within the year (2 family income property houses are cheap in my area and rent is quite high, live in one rent out the other) Looking to buy a two family under 65,000. Is this a realistic goal. And if so what steps can I take to get approved for a first time home buyer loan. I have one credit card (800.00 limit with a my bank that i have been with for 7 years) and no other loans but student loans with haven't gone into repayment yet. Any advice/ tips?