Did you ever get the chance to go back and fix something you regret?

A few years ago I was working a start up. It should have been brilliant. The sector was creative and really interesting, a growing market in a beautiful place. I left, not because I didn't think there was a future for the business, but because I couldn't stand the incredibly inflexible boss - he started out... show more A few years ago I was working a start up. It should have been brilliant. The sector was creative and really interesting, a growing market in a beautiful place. I left, not because I didn't think there was a future for the business, but because I couldn't stand the incredibly inflexible boss - he started out reasonable then became a micromanaging tyrant - and what's worse, he didn't have a clue how to do my job, and tried to micromanage anyway!

Fast forward to the present day: the two people after me left rapidly and they can't find anyone capable of filling the position. So they are selling the company. My boyfriend and I have a nest egg that we were going to spend on furnishing the house we hope to move into this year. He suggests using this to buy them out.
I really want to. It has been heartbreaking over the past two years to see my "baby" destroyed - you see, the company belonged to them but I was running it, they have two other businesses which pretty much occupied all of their time and still do. I think it can be saved. The website still gets lots of hits. They gat plenty of business requests. Nobody is looking after it though.

What do I do? Risk it? Take the safe road, or the plunge? Right now I have a stable job in a big corporation... but it is soul destroying cubicle hell.
1 answer 1