promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesChicago · 7 years ago

how to reach chicago illanois from paris IL?

Im new about the area and Im trying to figure out a way to chicago IL from Paris IL besides a car if it be the last only option then so be it. I have heard of the subways though don't know how far they go and the buses though don't know what local stops in paris will go to chicago or least a city close to chicago and so on up. I Thought those of you who have had experience in the area for years could lend a hand. I've been doing research course if anyone is willing to lend some help that would be wonderful.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Paris IL is about 165 miles south of Chicago, and there is no train nor bus service between the cities.

The closest Amtrak station is in Mattoon IL, which is about 40 miles west of Paris.

There is scheduled Greyhound bus service from Cicago to Danville IL (30 miles north of Paris) or Terre Haute IN (20 miles east). There are also a few buses that run to Charleston IL (for Eastern IL University students), but you will still be 20+ miles west of Paris.

Sorry, but you're probably best off to drive a car there.

Source(s): Lived in central IL for 4 years.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

You would have to drive

you could take Greyhound

or Amtrack to get the train you would have to go to Champaign and catch them both Greyhound or Amtrack'

your other option is to drive

• 7 years ago

If you want to go to Champaign you can pick up Peoria Charter Coach and take that to OHare, then take the Blue line in to the city.

https://www.peoriacharter.com/tickets/?mrkt=DS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.