Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 7 years ago

Would my minwax wood putty work for this?

I just got a used crib for my upcoming baby, it has lots of nics in it from teeth marks. Can I use my wood putty to fill those nics?

2 Answers

  • Alison
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes. However, you have to consider the wood putty will be softer than the original wood and if your future child also chews it will inevitably break away some of those spots again.

    New products like wood putty have to be safe for ingestion once they have cured, and I doubt a child could break away a large enough chunk to choke on.

    I would recommend filling in the teeth marks and then finishing the entire thing with at least coats of urethane to make it harder to chew bits off of.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    Throw that shlt out and buy a new crib.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.