What does "-50 DKP" mean?

I know it's a WoW meme but that's the extent of my knowledge.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • macri
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Minus 50 Dkp

• sheba
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

50 Dkp Minus

• Rizer
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

DKP aka 'Dragon Kill Points' was an old, OLD guild method of tallying up member attendance for raids. It was completely external and was never an actual official part of WoW.

But many guilds still used a DKP system for their members, the total DKP for each member was usually kept track of by guild officers. For example, a successful raid will net everyone involved some 'DKP' for killing bosses. Old raids were tedious marathons that took days to complete, and bosses took hours to kill. So epic loot was VERY precious!

Members then usually used their DKP to 'buy' epic loot drops from bosses. Since raids were comprised of 40 people at the time, and a very small amount of loot drops for a small amount of classes, DKP was important for people to earn the right to some loot.

The term "50DKP minus" comes from a hilarious recording of a failed Onyxia raid that resulted in a wipe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEPx6nbbwz8

Youtube thumbnail

Whoever messed up there got a 50DKP minus.... Which was A LOT of DKP.

Anyway, when BC came out and raid sizes were reduced by half, and the game itself became easier, and epic loot drops became widespread. DKP was now obsolete and wasn't used anymore.

• Amy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aydM8

It means if you order from them and you are shipping it within the US, if the total of what you purchase is over $50, you will not have to pay for shipping. I recommend you call and have a short chat with them to verify how much shipping will cost you and if they have any special offers to your area..... All the best

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.