Jeff asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 7 years ago

what is the difference between tehcnical analyst/chartist,market analyst and strategist ?

what i meant with strategist is a person who uses strategies in their trading method ( e.g. like in options, there're straddle,strangle,etc) for options/stocks/etfs/futures

i'm asking the difference in trading method

please give me detail information please

thank you

• David
    Favorite Answer

Use Investopedia or Wiki to define financial terms:

Definition of 'Technical Analyst'

A technical analyst, or technician, is a securities researcher who analyzes investments based on past market prices and technical indicators. Technicians believe that short term price movements are the result of supply and demand forces in the market for a given security. Thus, for technicians, the nature of the security is less relevant than the current balance of buyers and sellers. Based on careful interpretation of past trading patterns, technicians try to discern this balance with the aim of predicting future price movements.

Investopedia explains 'Technical Analyst'

Over time, technicians have developed a large toolbox of analysis techniques and indicators. In general, one technical indicator usually not seen as enough of a basis for making a trading decision. Rather, arrays of indicators are used to provide confirmation of a technician's hypothesis before taking action. There is generally no broad consensus on the best method of identifying future price movements, so most technicians gradually develop their own set of trading rules based on their knowledge and experience.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/technical-anal...

Chartered Market Analyst (CMA) Definition | Investopedia

A professional designation awarded by the American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM) to professionals who have at least seven years of experience in financial research and market analysis or a related industry. Chartered Market Analysts must first complete AAFM’s educational requirements and pass an exam. Educational requirements include an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, financial services or insurance, a master’s or doctoral degree, or a CPA designation. Applicants must also complete an AAFM-approved executive training course.

Investopedia explains 'Chartered Market Analyst - CMA'

The study program to become a CMA covers topics such as profitability analysis, valuation techniques, pricing options and fixed-income derivatives, using software to solve finance problems and more. Successful applicants earn the right to use the CMA designation with their names, which can improve job opportunities, professional reputation and pay. Every year, CMA professionals must complete 15 hours of continuing education.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/chartered-mark...

Definition of 'Market Strategist'

A financial professional whose job is to make predictions about what will happen in the financial markets with the goal of guiding people toward profitable investment decisions. Market strategists use financial and economic data to attempt to anticipate everything from future stock performance to the federal funds rate to the return on 10-year Treasuries to which economic sectors will have the best and worst performance for the year.

Investopedia explains 'Market Strategist'

Investment banks, brokerage firms and financial services companies commonly employ market strategists. Despite what these professionals claim, it is not actually possible to predict the movement of stocks and other financial instruments. According to William J. Bernstein's book "The Four Pillars of Investing," market strategists have historically been incorrect about 77% of the time.

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/market-strateg...

Dear Departed Dad was a member of the 80th ID Hdq/2/317th IR. They did a lot of lead work for the Strategist you mention. He said little until George C. Scott showed up on the big screen. I knew he had froze his butt off on Attu for 2 years and then been sent to Europe. That movie let loose a little info. From the perspective of the little guy Gen Patton was a merciless SOB that was out to get them all killed. Since he did not have CNN, MSNBC and FOX showing 1000's of dead GI's on TV he was allowed to keep Strategising his way right thru that Great Tacticians Colon. This is only a guess, but based on your example I would say that strategy beat the crap out of tactics. I realize it's not that simple. Maybe the comparison of these 2 words is like saying Tan and Light Brown are REALLY different.

Ehm..

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share. They are notoriously risky but if you follow a special method I've learned you can earn good money at almost no risk. This is the site I use: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I definitely recommend subscribing to this site in particular. Very good research, quality stocks. I was a bit weary of penny stocks from all the bad hype they receive but this guy is pretty legit. He's put my mind at ease with a lot of the fears I've had. I especially like that he doesn't send out announcements left and right. I've signed up for other websites that fill my in-box with one company after the other. I don't know where to even start with so many choices in front of me! Nathan sends me one idea a week and that's all I need. Working so many hours during the week leaves me with very little time when I get home to start doing tons of penny stock research. I'm always eager to see what Nathan's next suggestion is each Friday and I love having time on the weekend to do my research.

As said above if you want to make money with penny stocks you have to follow some proven methods. This one in my opinion is the best: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

I hope it helps