Goggles asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Did you know Police carry guns to protect THEMSELVES?

BQ: Shouldn't it be acceptable for the citizens to do the same?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Di
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Law abiding citizens also follow rules for example, in those states which allow the "Castle Doctrine" and are legally supported in defending themselves, their families and their property from harm by others. There are not enough law enforcement personnel to protect those of us who live in rural areas or large cities because response time and prioritizing of police response to crime are not always speedy.

Sadly, Obama - while opining loudly about gun ownership, NEVER addresses how he would disarm the criminal class in our country. It's almost as if getting ILLEGAL weapons off the streets isn't a priority, but rather he prefers weakening the law abiding who are already at the mercy of gun toting thugs in places like Chicago, which had around 500 gun related murders in 2012. Apparently gang bangers are a protected species these days.

Then again, the federal government under Obama implemented their version of "fast and furious" and Americans and, many Mexican nationals are dying as a result. Which shows us that the federal government shouldn't be allowed to have guns as they are irresponsible "owners."

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

There's no way it's possible to remove guns from the civilians, even if there was a way, the criminals would still get guns.

And the police can't help, it takes about 2-5 minutes for them to arrive depending on where you live, a lot of **** could happen in 2-5 minutes.

I can take a Glock, load it and put it on the table in front of me, sit there forever and It won't kill me, I won't die until some asshole picks up the gun and shoots me with it.

It's the peoples fault for shooting other people, not the guns, these guys are mentally ill and they'll do anything to kill other people if they want to kill them.

And how would you remove the weapons? Send in the cops or the military? That's suicide.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Police carry a gun to protect themselves and the public. the use of deadly force is limited to protectthe carrier or if they feel others may be danger. they are highly trained and to use deadly force all other ways must be exhausted. as for citizens Columbine, Newton,Colorado, waco ...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Police carry guns to protect themselves and citizens. They're sworn to protect and serve.

They go through extensive training with those guns. Not every citizen does.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It is in some states.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

We do need protection from a lot of liberal police and TSA and ATF and all the other commie agents.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

ÉñÖÚGH with the straw-man Ãrguments. there's no rational person Whö wants to outlaw ÄLL guns. what they want is a ban of assault weapons & machine guns.

Ï can semi see where they're coming from; but then on the other hand Ï really can't.

Source(s): Sö that's the scoop on that.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sure, and every citizen is as qualified as a Policeman. Try again.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The same can be said for the president's security forces.

Will the president disarm his own bodyguards first. to set a good example?

• Only crazy biggoted cops should have guns. We get what we as for. Liberals are more likely to break into other liberal homes than a conservative one. Why? Because libs don't fight back

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.