Is it better to have several small snacks a day or have three big meals?

Whenever I just have meals and nothing in between I get so hungry and end up overeating, even after 9 pm and if I eat after that time I gaine weight instead of losing it. Would it be better if I just had small snacks throughout the day?

BQ... Is it better to chew your food very thoroughly rather than not? Will it be easier for my body to digest it and not store it in my body so I don't gain weight?

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Hi! Well, its definitely better and healthier to eat a lot of times a day..like, every 2 hours but in small portions than to eat 3 big meals :) Also, chewing more your food is better too for 2 reasons: One is that you won't overeat. Spending more time chewing the food gives your body the time to realise that it's full :) oh and yeah your digestion should be better if you do that way too! I hope I helped. Have a lovely day! xx

Yes 6 small meals a day or snaks in between 3 reg meals will booost your metabolism and help you lose weight

and yes it is better to chew your food

say you already knew this!

• Reg

I have always believed that several small snacks are better for you than three big meals. You don't have the tendency to overeat that way, as you are never really hungry so that you feel like you need to gorge. Your system can metabolize it all better anyway. I am also diabetic, and my doctor advised me to go that route for better sugar control.